James I. Newsome, III – President & CEO of SC Ports Authority
Published On August 14, 2020 | Business Leader
Mr. Newsome and Tony discuss the expansion of the manufacturing and shipping industries in South Carolina, the keys to the SC Ports Authority’s growth, and important leadership techniques.
- Optimism about the future despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Boom of manufacturing in South Carolina has been highly beneficial for SC Ports Authority including the new Walmart Distribution Center new Ridgeville, SC.
- SC Port Authority has invested $2 Billion dollars in their existing terminals to prepare for future.
- Packaging and shipping for export in the Charleston area are forecasted to continue to grow.
- Having a motivated team is key and allowing people to do their jobs.
- A collective vision of every member of the team is very important to the overall mission.
- Hugh K. Leatherman Terminal is scheduled to be complete in 2021 and was a long-term vision and culmination of years of hard work.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download