Mayor John Tecklenburg – City of Charleston
Published On August 16, 2019 | General
Tony and Mayor Tecklenburg discuss many of Charleston’s accomplishments over the past few years, key components of effective leadership, and importance of service.
- Mayor Tecklenburg answered the call to serve after being in public life for 30 years.
- Leaders are people who are good listeners.
- “Compromise is not a dirty word.”
- Getting control of the hotel growth and development was a point of emphasis.
- Charleston is working to get a handle on the storm water and drainage for the future.
- Mobility and affordable housing are also core issues for the long-term success of the city.
- Central responsibility of government is to keep citizens safe.
- Housing and assistance programs were developed to end “tent cities” in the Charleston area.
- “Be Yourself, Follow Your Faith”
- Different perspectives all bring unique experience to the discussion and it needs to be respected.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
4 Responses to Mayor John Tecklenburg – City of Charleston