Van D. Hipp, Jr. – Chairman of American Defense International, Inc.
Published On February 27, 2017 | General
Tony and Mr. Van Hipp discuss the importance of listening to learn, small business, and using history as a tool for lifelong learning. Some highlights from the interview are as follows:
- Van discusses what American Defense International is involved in to help protect the American people.
- Van is from a small business background, and he believes that that is where the innovativeness and ingenuity comes from.
- We should be teaching children more about American history and about what it means to be an American.
- A real leader can learn a lot by listening to others.
- Paying attention to history, including personal history, to continue to learn from past mistakes is key to long term success.
- Let people know you care by listening to your employees. Do not be isolated.
- Exponential technological growth is happening and we all need to pay attention in order to keep up.
- Learning is a lifelong experience.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download