Joe Rice – Co-Founding Member of Motley Rice, LLC
Tony and Mr. Joe Rice of Motley Rice law firm discuss what it takes to be a leader as a prominent law firm in the United States in standing up for what is right from issues such as the tobacco industry’s advertising techniques, to South African miners’ working conditions. Some highlights from the podcast are below.
- Don’t ever forget where you came from, and don’t run away from your upbringing. Mentors are very important.
- You need to spend the time to be a mentor as well when the time comes.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to the important mentors of your life to ask for advice.
- The right strategy is key to developing a plan or road map.
- When you start your plan, plan to finish it.
- Treating people well is key to keeping great team members.
- Giving people a purpose and making them part of the team is essential.
- Standing up for people who can’t stand up for themselves is important as a leader.
- Get involved in something you enjoy and believe in. Learn as much as you can.