Paul Campbell – Executive Director & CEO of the Charleston County Aviation Authority
Published On May 27, 2016 | Business Leader, Politician
For this podcast interview Tony and Mr. Paul Campbell discuss innovation, importance of trust, and positive self image. Some highlights from the interview are as follows:
- Empower others to accomplish their goals – don’t micromanage.
- To grow talent, you need to try new things. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable.
- Three rules of bridges: don’t burn the bridges in front of you, don’t burn the bridges behind you, and when something unexpected happens, get over it.
- Everything is built on trust: if your employees trust you, they’ll work hard for you.
- It’s important to learn from mistakes – but they’re much less painful if you learn the mistakes of others.
- Admit your mistakes and be honest.
- Utilize the education of those around you and always get better at what you do.
- Always do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Vision is key to a successful organization.
- Leadership is how you make things happen.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download