James I. Newsome, III – President & CEO of SC Ports Authority
Mr. Newsome and Tony discuss the expansion of the manufacturing and shipping industries in South Carolina, the keys to the SC Ports Authority’s growth, and important leadership techniques.
- Optimism about the future despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Boom of manufacturing in South Carolina has been highly beneficial for SC Ports Authority including the new Walmart Distribution Center new Ridgeville, SC.
- SC Port Authority has invested $2 Billion dollars in their existing terminals to prepare for future.
- Packaging and shipping for export in the Charleston area are forecasted to continue to grow.
- Having a motivated team is key and allowing people to do their jobs.
- A collective vision of every member of the team is very important to the overall mission.
- Hugh K. Leatherman Terminal is scheduled to be complete in 2021 and was a long-term vision and culmination of years of hard work.