Paul Campbell – Executive Director & CEO of the Charleston County Aviation Authority
For this podcast interview Tony and Mr. Paul Campbell discuss innovation, importance of trust, and positive self image. Some highlights from the interview are as follows:
- Empower others to accomplish their goals – don’t micromanage.
- To grow talent, you need to try new things. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable.
- Three rules of bridges: don’t burn the bridges in front of you, don’t burn the bridges behind you, and when something unexpected happens, get over it.
- Everything is built on trust: if your employees trust you, they’ll work hard for you.
- It’s important to learn from mistakes – but they’re much less painful if you learn the mistakes of others.
- Admit your mistakes and be honest.
- Utilize the education of those around you and always get better at what you do.
- Always do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Vision is key to a successful organization.
- Leadership is how you make things happen.