Lt. General John Rosa – President of The Citadel
Published On December 15, 2015 | General
- Do not ask any one to do anything illegal, immoral, or unethical.
- Being approachable is an important aspect of any leadership position. Allows you to get to know your team.
- Maintain an even keel throughout the organization.
- Identify strategic plan for your business and be able to effectively communicate that plan.
- Leaders need to have a vision, delegate, and give the right people authority and “hold them accountable”.
- Let your people do the work that they were hired to do. Do not overextend yourself.
- Know your employees: their likes, dislikes, and goals.
- Team build mentality is critical. Do not think of yourself as just an individual.
- Acquiring the right people that want to be at your institution for the right reasons.
- Importance of not micromanaging, but need to be micro-informed. Know your organization.